Answered By: Kevin Sheehan Last Updated: Oct 14, 2021 Views: 59
Answered By: Kevin Sheehan
Last Updated: Oct 14, 2021 Views: 59
If an item you require is already out on loan, you can reserve it online.
- Find the item on Discover or in the Library Catalogue and navigate to the item record.
- Click the box near the top that says ‘Reserve’.
- Log-in if required.
- Select the copy you want to reserve. You can only reserve items that are currently checked out to someone else. Items 'not on loan' are available on the shelf, and you should go get one of these.
- If the reserved item is due back in more than 7 days, the person who currently has it will receive a recall notice, and will have to bring the book back early. If the item is due back in less than 7 days, the due-date will remain the same as it was.
- You will receive an email to say when the book is ready to borrow from the Reservation Shelf (near the Help & Info desk on Level 2).
- You will have 3 days to borrow the book.
Find out more: https://www.durham.ac.uk/departments/library/using/reserve/